Saturday, April 02, 2005

guess what....strep throat!!!!

Well I have great news...NOT!!! I just got my 5th dose of chemo last week. Well I am supposed to be careful who comes around and not go into public places because my immune system is so low afterwards that I can not fight off infection, viruses, and so on. So i follow my dr's orders and don't do any of those things.....and low and behold guess what happens???? I GET FUC*ING STREP THROAT!!!!! and see with the chemo. day 10 (the day of the chemo is day 1) is the day that the WBC (white blood cells) are the lowest, and the day I have to go get blood work done to make sure that they went low enuff or not too low. The worst thing about this is I got sick from my son Bradley. Which is so weird in so many ways #1 I have never before got sick in a non puky way from the chemo before #2 my kids have been sick before when I was on chemo and I still did not get sick #3 My dr. told me that my immunities are used to my childen's and husband's that I should not have to worry. And to top this all off he is sick and there is nothing I can do for him.

So this is going to my wonderful weekend taking care of my poor baby and trying to take care of myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger juliana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:12 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

hello. get well soon! sometimes, you really need to think positively and keep going on. i think you're doing fine! if you've got the courage to face one bad encounter, u can face anything else. =))))))))

may things get better.

oh yes, your girls are cute. =))

9:16 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I found your blog and my heart breaks for you. I can pass on nothing to you other than the true measure of a person's value is how they love and are loved. I can tell that the people in your life love you very much, and you love your kids very much. I know lots of people, but I only know a few that love their children as much as you do.

9:19 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Thank you Juliana and Chris. Your comments were wonderful. Come back anytime!!!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon