Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Got mixed news at dr's today....

k ..no bad news about my MRI at least. My last MRI had 10 HUGE enhancing lesions, where this last one only had 4 small enhancing lesions. K I guess that should make me happy enuff and it does and the fact that for now I am done with the Novantrone because my doctor thinks that the Rebif will help me enuff right now. but we shall see. I see here NP in December the day before my birthday. Too funny to because last year had an appt. on my birthday. It was good too but MS was still just as bad. What scared me I guess was the fact that she told me that I was the worst case, most aggressive case that she has ever seen. Now she has about 400 patients. She def is a good doctor. I love her and she takes very good care of me.

Education:
Oct 81-Apr 87, M.B.B.S, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Residencies & Fellowships:
Jul 02-Jun 03, Internal Medicine, SUNYAB, Buffalo, NY
Jul 99-Jun 02, Neurology, JFK Medical Center, Residency, Edison, NJ
Jul 94- Dec 96, Neurology, Post Graduate Fellowship, Institute of Medical
Education &Research, Chandigarh, India
May 88-Jul 91, Internal Medicine, Residency, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur,
Rajasthan, India


so see she is quite qualified. And has the best bed side manner of any dr. I have ever met. Some more kinda good news it that I found out today that I can completely empty my bladder. My doctor's office is an MS Clinic, so they have a bladder clinic inside and I had a scan of my bladder before I went pee and a scan after and I definitely can empty my bladder. So now tomorrow have to get a urinalysis to make sure that I do not have a UTI which I probably do because MS and UTI seem to correlate with me anyways. Oh yeah I am going to be back on the monthly steroids. Which I am so glad for, starting tomorrow. This time it will be for 3 days, the only reason she is starting this month is because I asked her told her I had my bad MS headache. She said yeah we can do that, even though I have already had some steroids within a few weeks time. She said it would help and I know that it will.

K some humor to this long miserable post. I don't usually take my chair to the doctor's office because we get free valet parking and as soon as u get in the door by valet there is the info desk. I just go to the info desk and tell them I need a chair and someone comes takes me to my doctor's office. You see my doctor's office is in a big hospital on the second floor down a what feels like an endless hallway. So anyway the guy comes down takes me up to the office and made it very clear that when you need to leave just call for me. Maybe he thinks I am hot. Anyway my dr's office calls for the volunteer and guess who comes...HIM!!!! so anyway he waited with me until my mil's (mother-in-law) car pulls up took me out to it. K my MIL has a low to the ground car so when I get into it I start with my left leg my good leg plus when I am the passenger it is kinds hard to start with the right leg...but anyway he said be careful watched me put my left leg into the car and kinda struggle a lil with my right leg and "helped" me by grabbing my ass to boost me into the car. I always get in and out of her car like that well not with an ass grab but still struggle a lil with my right leg after all it is my bad leg and is like 100time weaker and less compassionate. That's how it is most of the time even when I am doin good. So that was too funny.. way too funny!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

I had a doctor once ... Dr. Patel. She was GREAT. She was only a resident and left after a year but she did everything in her power to make sure I got what I needed ... yesterday. It's kinda good and sad in a way that the best and most dedicated doctors from all over the world come to the USA to do their thing.

Oh, and congratulations on your new boyfriend! :) Nothing like a little 'grab-ass' to start your day off right!

9:49 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

HMMMM..do u know where your DR.Patel went to?? Because I just started seeing a new PCP who actually is an ANP adult nurse practioner..and her supervising dr. is a DR. Patel. maybe same but most likely different.

Thanks can't wait to get my new wheelchair which will be so much easier than the 50 yr. old one I have now that way when I need to take my chair with me I can with no problems!!!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger personallog! said...

I love reading your blog, you sound so possitive in the face of ms and I am proud of you! A good doctor is the key but your attitue more so! Keep smiling baby! New wheels or not a grab on the ass is allways good! Lol!

Take care
Dave

1:54 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Thanks so much Dave comments like that are much needed for me. I try my best to stay positive with this MS although hard to do but I have to keep on keeping on for my kids sake and my own.

2:37 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Naw, I think My Dr Patel is still in PA somewhere. On that note, I remember something about an English Cricket team were all the members had the last name of Patel ... For 1 billion people, Indians sure have a limited number of last names.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon