Friday, December 23, 2005

Have decided I think?????

I think that I am gonna start back on the Rebif. I think I can handle it till the 13th of January which at that time I am going back to my favorite injectible Avonex. It is my favorite because #1 it is painless, #2 it is once a week!!!#3 it doesn't seem to interfere too much with my life,#4 I get NO side effects!!!! So tonight will be the first night back on this stupid Rebif shit. Oh joy not really looking foward to it at all.

Tomorrow night we go to my Mom's house and exchange gifts. I always love going there. We used to all spend the night there x-mas night and have Santa come there. That changed when my mom acquired 6 grandkids and another son (my hubby). It was always soooo nice though. i'll never forget my Quorry's first x-mas with my family. He cried so many tears of joy. My mom got him everything that he wanted and he said it was his best x-mas ever. He definitely had a very rough childhood. Hid Dad beat the shit out of him all of the time and you see he was the oldest of 6 boys so that meand he was the babysitter. It was defintely hard on him his borther Zachary had CP that was hard on him trying to be the parent to this poor little boy. Zachary passed away 2 years ago at the age of 12 almost 13. It tore my husband apart. I felt for him so much, the funeral was very hard on everyone!!! So I feel bad sometimes and watch what I say about my childhood. I had that "perfect" childhood. Mom always home when I walked in the door from school and Dad home after work. My childhood was wonderful wasn't beat wasn't made to feel like I don't matter like my husband was. I feel horrible for him. He is doing a great job at being a father. He is terrified that he will be just like his dad and beat the kids. He had never even spanked them I don't thin. I take care of the majority of the discipline. When I am at my wits end I will ask him to step in and help. I just am gald that he is happy now. He says he has the best life anyone can ask for 4 great kids and a great wife.

So I end this with a Very Merry X-mas to all and to all a good night!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger ckays1967 said...

May I please ask you if Avonex is really less painful than Rebif? I have been on Rebif since 2003 and I cry REAL tears every time and bruise a lot from it. I have to take Nyquel and Tylenol PM to sleep. I hate the shot but hate the idea of not being on the medicine more...

Avonex is painless? Really?

Does it work as well?

4:31 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Well to be perfectly honest with you..YES, the Avonex for me is painless. It is a much longer and thicker needle..as it it a muscle shot vs. a skin shot which is what Rebif is.

The longer thicker needle you think would be more painful but you see where the medicine is being dispersed is far below the nerve area where you can really feel anything. I will tell you though that the next day you will feel a little more "Sore" like maybe a slight muscle ache or more fatigued feeling..mind you this is all from MY experience.

Taking some ibuprofen or similar drugs like you do with Rebif is still suggested as esentially they are exactly the same drug. The main difference is the method of injection and the frequency. Avonex muscle shot once a week!!!

AS far as does it work as well that would be something you should discuss with your Neurologist. There is probably a reason you are on the Rebif vs. the Avonex. Hope that I helped answer your ?'s anymore feel free to ask away!!!!

BTW thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Merry x-mas

10:46 PM  
Blogger ckays1967 said...

There is no reason....I have had three doctors since being DX and have moved states since being DX. It is simply the only medicine I have been on. But I am starting to wonder if it is the best choice because of the bruising. My very first Neurologist actually gave me the choice of which shot to take and I choose based on not liking the way "deep muscle" sounded. Truly.

Now I am not so sure that that is the wisest way to make such decsions. I like interacting with other people with MS because the doctors usually have not ever actually given themselves this stuff. For them, it is all hearsay.

You are welcome and Merry Christmas to you too!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Eriksgirl said...

Amanda,

Sounds like you have an amazing husband! What a Christmas gift!

Sincerely,
Brandy

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon