Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Nervous,scared, confused....and oh yeah probably a lil stupid.....

Well am back after a long holiday break. So much has not really happened....Here is the nervous and scared part..tomorrow will be the first time that my mediport will be used. I was supposed to only get it flushed so as to save me from infections...but instead I am getting my steriods. Nervous because this is all so freakin new to me and also the fact that I have to be half naked in order for it to be used. Scared because it is still hurting so incredibly bad and now I'm going to get stabbed in the chest with a needle YUCK and OUCH!!!!! Confused about what the hell is going on with my body. Just promise me that I will not get yelled at for this....I have not taken a Rebif shot since very early November!!! Here's the kicker to all of this Confusion....I'm feelin better than I have in months. I have been able to walk so much better, so much farther, so much longer. It feels so great!!! I know I know..luck?? Right now I'm so confused on what to do. Do I go back on an MS med??? I think I might. I go to the dr. on the 13 th to see how I felt about the hald doses of Rebif. I'm just going to tell them that I want Avonex. It is my body, my decision, and my insurance will pay for the Avonex. So I'm pretty sure that is what I am going to do.......

4 Comments:

Blogger personallog! said...

arrr bless babe! I am allways confused when I come to your blog....feel a bit ...well not sorry thats the wrong word...I think you know what I mean! Then you add that your going to be half naked in your update and thats where the confussion comes in! I dont know weather to be excited or I want to hug you till all this crap goes away!lol! It wont be long till the pain goes I promise! At least you can walk!
Take care little one
Dave
x

6:07 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Heh, so I'm not the only one to disappear like a thief in the night. ;) I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with your meds ... it might be time for the doctors to start listening to the patient.

9:49 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Dave,
thanks for wanting to hug me u r so sweet. I will get through this I've gotten through worse...

Yeah I guess I have to look at the plus side of things.. I can walk..and for that I am greatful!!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

mdmhvonpa,

Nope had to kinda disappear 4 kids, tons of family to attend to and oh yeah the wrath of the x-mas mess to clean (which btw I'm still working on getting cleaned completely)

Yeah these MS meds have been giving me the run-around lately. My dr. does listen to me for the most part. But it is MY body My decision which med I do go on and darn it all Avonex will be the one I choose!!!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon