Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Happy?Weird? Scary?Proud? something Anniversary...maybe Congratulations????

Confusing title?? Tell me about it. Well today is exactly 5 years since my MS diagnoses. I really thought it would be a lot harder to deal with. I guess it just happens to fall at a bad time. It made me think back over these past 5 years waaaaay too much. Made me cray a lil this morning. Quorry said he was proud of me for makin it this far and still pushing..that made me cry too. Guess I am just an emotional basket case. Looking back to a year ago..I was wheelchair bounf and could not walk if my life depended on it, couldn't shower by myself. So I guess I am doing better than I was a year ago. Although I am not to far away from being the same as a year ago.

Got me thinking too about this years MS Walk. Like every year me the one with MS gets shit for donations. Guess being what I called homebound doesn't make it any easier. Shannon my good friend with MS is walking on my team this year. That is great!!! She has close to $200 almost..Proud of her. She just now after 8 years with MS decided to let everyone truly know about it and one of her ways to do that is to walk with me and my team in the walk this year. I'm excited!!!!My goal (as I don;t make New Year's resolutions) for this year my ONLY goal was to walk in the MS walk this year and so far looks like that isn't gonna happen. Made the same goal the last 2 years and the last 2 years was in my wheelchair. Damned Progressive MS Anyway!!!!




4 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Amanda, I am sorry you have had an emotional day. Keep your chin up. 5 years. Wow. You are amazing. Take care. Jaime

1:21 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Ummm ... un-happy anniversary?

3:13 PM  
Blogger personallog! said...

Yeah it a happy day to celebrate so what if its to celebrate the day you were diagnosed. I want to celebrate all the days I have known you, ok when we do meet I will have a few questions.
1. Why did we have to get this disease to meet?
2. Why were we born on different soil?
3. How have you done 5 years and still look so beautifull?(I have done 1 and look like shit!)

That will do for now! I will be back on line soon, I am so going to miss you!
xxxxx

3:28 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

THANKS Everyone for the well wishes..Dave how I am still so beautiful..you truly are a suck up now aren't ya..LOL

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon