Monday, October 23, 2006

2nd dose of Tysabri done with no problems thank god.....

The only problem I had this time that were the same as last time was my horrible aching back. I did however find the culprit. It was the chair in the infusion room which by the way is a tyoe of reckiner but it sits you up straight with a forward leaning and taht is why my back is still in agony. But can't complain too much no problems but the back ache and not Tysabri's fault. i think I felt a lil more comfy this time because I got a full neuro exam before and have to get one every time I believe. Am pretty much at the end of recovery from my relapse and praying to god I don't get another one this year that is my goal. (sure set a goal I have NO control over.)Been trying to have more of a positive attitude which lord knows I need.......




Beginning Today


Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday. It is in the past and the past will never change Only I can change by choosing to do so.

Beginning today I will no longer worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will always be there, waiting for me to make the most of it. But I cannot make the most of tomorrow without first making the most of today.

Beginning today I will look in the mirror and I will see a person worthy of my respect and admiration. This capable person looking back at me is someone I enjoy spending time with and someone I would like to get to know better.

Beginning today I will cherish each moment of my life. I value this gift bestowed upon me in this world and I will unselfishly share this gift with others. I will use this gift to enhance the lives of others.

Beginning today I will take a moment to step off the beaten path and to revel in the mysteries I encounter. I will face challenges with courage and determination. I will overcome what barriers there may be which hinder my quest for growth and self-improvement.

Beginning today I will take life one day at a time, one step at a time. Discouragement will not be allowed to taint my positive self-image, my desire to succeed or my capacity to love.

Beginning today I walk with renewed faith in human kindness. Regardless of what has gone before, I believe there is hope for a brighter and better future.

Beginning today I will open my mind and my heart. I will welcome new expereinces. I will meet new people. I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else: perfection does not exist in an imperfect world. But I will applaud the attempt to overcome human foibles.

Beginning today I am responsible for my own happiness and I will do things that make me happy....I will put me first, for if I'm not happy I cannot make anyone else happy. I will admire the beautiful wonders of nature, listen to my favorite music, pet a kitten or a puppy, soak in a bubble bath...pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures.

Beginning today I will learn something new; I will try something different; I will savor all various flavors life has to offer. I will change what I can and the rest I will let go.I will strive to become the best me I can possibly be.

Beginning today and ever day.....

8 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

I loved this post. Congrats on the problem free treatment. You sound so much better, I am glad you are in a positive place. The whole "Beginning Today" thing is awesome. Here is to better days.
Viv

11:11 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Just remind your self every day ... take a moment in the morning (yeah, I know ... when do you find the time) to reflect on this. A good frame of mind changes EVERYTHING.

9:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

THANX GUYS I REALLY WISH THAT I WROTE THAT...I AM TRYING TO THINK THAT WAY ANYWAY BUT IT IS SOOOO VERY HARD!!! I KNOW I DO HAVE ALOT TO LIVE FOR AND AM TRYING TO LOOK AT THAT IN MY LIFE BUT IT IS HARD.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

"I will strive to become the best me I can possibly be."

Words to live by not just homilies to mouth.

Its enough to just remember 'em before you start doing anything, including lazing on the couch, (are you being a "good lazer," [like sitting at the kitchen table on a sunny Sunday morning, wearing a comfy terry cloth robe with your favorite fuzzy slippers, sipping on a big mug of coffee and reading the paper,] or is this merely the absence of action on your part.)

There ways to laze and ways to just lie about. Neither requires energy but one makes you feel like you're rewarding yourself for having done something good.

I find inaction is not the same as insensibility. Perhaps that's why I don't succumb to fatigue. I can lie there absolutely still for hours while I read a book or listen to music or plot out some strategy.

Thinking burns off zero calories so its useless as a weight loss regimen, but I can dream of foods and not eat them and that is.

----

By the way, I have a podcast for MSers , by an MSer (me :-) at

http://www.MSBPodcast.com

Why not check it out and send me some feedback?

Charles *at* MSBPodcast.com

12:53 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Amanda,
I am glad to hear that everything went well this time around. Thank you for "Beginning today" We should all remember this and try to live by it. I hope you continue to do well. Take care.
Jaime

1:33 PM  
Blogger personallog! said...

I am going from the statment that "no news is good news" and your lack of update means you are well and trouble free. I do have to say I am now checking your blog weekly rather than daily! Stay well babe and thanks for a great update. I miss you and hope for your continued well being.

Dave

1:17 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

***POKE***


You ok?

9:54 AM  
Blogger personallog! said...

Merry christmas and a happier new year than the last month. I am thinking of you over this period.

Love ya babe
Dave

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you are viewing my page PLEASE take the time to donate to People with MS at www.nmss.org Thanx!!!
Web Counters
Orbitz Coupon